Friday, February 6, 2009

Feed your Creativity!




Holly at Decor8blog says it best when it comes to motivational talks for your creativity in her Creativity Series : Just Do It!


this week its Journaling .


" Maintaining a regular journal. Intuition is our guide and I find that the more I journal the more I tap into mine. Many find that writing first thing in the morning is best and especially helpful in case you want to record a vivid dream. Others prefer to write late at night when there is less distraction. Some take journaling a step further to include magazine clippings, paint, and colored pencils, also known as Art Journaling. You can google “Art Journaling” and see hundreds of websites, books, and blogs on this topic. While there are no rules to time, place, or entry length, remaining consistent is key."


says Holly in her post


and


" How can regular journaling help you become more creative? Journaling stimulates creativity by reducing the clutter in your head. Brain fog clears! Journaling eases decision making, reveals patterns, tracks progress, and allows freedom of expression in a private space where you will not be judged. While blogging can allow this freedom, there is a part of us that feels uncomfortable revealing all on the web. I keep most of my personal business to myself and though some other bloggers tend to tell all and that works for them, I am not that free with my personal thoughts and family matters because I believe that even when you think you are ‘free’ the moment you are standing before others you tend to edit - even if just a wee bit. I’m sure your blog and your personal journal (if you write one) look very different."


see more on this topic on her blog and also read the comments as they are very important feedbacks to the discussion!


Great Post , Holly!
photos and text qoutes from Decor8blog

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment