Monday, July 20, 2009

Pretty Home Organization DIY

Hangers and plank convert to a coat rack.
A bookcase outfitted with personalized storage buckets keeps entries clutter-free

repurposed unused chair turned into a useful wall-mounted towel rack and shelf

A clever colorful bookcase fashioned from stacked benches

pretty pillowcases as garmet covers


An old screen door transformed into extra kitchen storage

cigar-box turned recipe card holder



terra-cotta flowerpots as Bath Dishes
Savvy storage solutions for keeping stationery in order and all in the same place.


An old cabinet door is transformed into a beautiful memo board.


An information center on the inside of a kitchen cabinet that keeps track of kids' schedules, grocery lists, coupons, and other small items

A garden tool tote turns into a picnic pack and easily transfers kitchen items to and from the picnic site.


ordinary paint or soup cans in leftover wallpaper scraps as pretty pencil cups
An old ladder extends storage space and adds vintage charm

Share/Save/Bookmark

8 comments:

  1. You always offer up the coolest images!!!
    Thanks! (My home should look so good!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great ideas here. That upside-down chair-towel rack is the most ingenious use of an old chair I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ladder! It's just so extremely chic and country style, not to mention recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys! to be honest with you , I love them ALL! I'm actually planning to try some during the weekends.. I'll tell you how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love LOVE! I didn't think it could get better after the completely awesome coat rack, but they are ALL amazing ideas. I'm with Hilary - the chair one blew me away. As soon as I saw that, I copied this URL and emailed it to my sister and mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are wonderful. Organization doesn't have to be all stuffy and analytical. It CAN be pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've just constructed our house through kits for do-it-yourself houses. We're currently on the designing phase now and I'm really inspired by these home organization DIY. I'll certainly make some of these for our house.

    ReplyDelete