10 Steps to Your Own Paradise
Tips from Windsor Smith for creating an outdoor transitional room:
1. Stake out a flat spot in an area with indirect sunlight.
2. Create a sense of enclosure with a trellis, a canopy, or a Moroccan tent.
3. Delineate space with a cozy rug.
4. Make the area large enough for dining.
5. Use paper lanterns, ground lights, and candles for ambience.
6. Mix indoor rugs and furniture with the usual garden pieces.
Seasonal slipcovers can protect indoor furniture from weather. Add pillows for sitting and lounging—interior pillows are fine, or make covers from soft, weather-resistant fabrics.
7. Provide hard surfaces for trays of food or a pitcher of mojitos.
8. Let attractive game boards double as decorative pieces. Backgammon, chess, and checkerboards work well.
9. Use colors that imply a completely separate experience. Think international, ocean getaway, or similar escapist themes.
10. Hang art or mirrors to create the atmosphere of a real room.
I love the wooden gate.. and its in my favorite color!